Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Our Little Miracle!

My sweet, Olivia:
It's so hard to believe it has been four years since your daddy and I drove to the hospital, expecting your arrival. We could hardly wait to meet you. However, you weren't quite ready to join us in this world. Your daddy and I got to the hospital bright and early the morning of September 19th, 2007. Our whole family anxiously awaited news of your birth. But, it wasn't until many hours later, you decided you were ready to meet us. It was 5:27pm on September 20th we got to finally see you face-to-face. I got a quick glimpse of your head full of hair as the doctors whisked you away. Although you endured a lot throughout the next few months, you did it on your own terms, just like when you were born. You have remained that same feisty, determined little girl up until today. Your family could not be more proud to have you in our lives. You have touched so many hearts with your smile, your contagious laughter, and your wit. You prove to us each day that there really are miracles and that one person truly can make a difference in the lives of so many others. You have grown into such a smart, kind, beautiful young lady, Olivia. Just the other day you told me that since you were turning four, you'd be able to drive my car. I told you it would be more like 14 years old before you got to do that. Your reply was, “Well, I can at least drive daddy's boat when I'm four!” You make me smile everyday and I could not be more proud to be your mom. Happy Birthday, sweetheart!















On Saturday we had Olivia's birthday party here at the house. It was a great time spent with the star of the show and our family and friends. I think I'll let the pictures do the talking, they always do it best!







































Yesterday I took Olivia to my hairdresser where she got her very first haircut and a mani-pedi! She did start to tear up when Jenni first combed through her curly locks, but once that was over she enjoyed it. I told her it is a very special thing for a girl to go to the beauty parlor!










Another wish has come true for Olivia.








That's right, she has been granted her Make-A-Wish! We will be leaving on December 2nd for our trip to Disneyworld!


We are so blessed to have Olivia in our lives, she is a true miracle and we thank God for her each day. We also thank God for all of you by our side. Thank you for sharing in this special day for Olivia and keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday and CONGRATS on your Make-A-Wish trip!!! Woo hoo!! I know we can't wait to go on ours!!

    ReplyDelete