Wednesday, October 5, 2011

few weeks ago we went with my parents to Des Moines. We got to enjoy a trip to Adventureland and our beloved zoo. Last year we did the same thing and are trying to make it a tradition. This year Olivia asked Aunt Lisa to join us and she was happy to do so. We all stayed at The Marriott Townhouses so the kids had plenty of room to roam around. We also enjoyed some time swimming.





In the morning we headed off to Adventureland!

Thomas rode the ferris wheel and the lady bugs for the very first time. Olivia rode every ride she possibly could, as many times as possible!







My babies (with all of the prizes Gramps and Daddy won for them).







I wonder if Gramps will ever go on this ride again? Ha! [I bet of his baby doll asked him to again, he would.]



We decided to hit up Soda & Sounds for some lunch. They had a new performer this time and he had animals with him (Liv's favorite, of course)! He even asked Olivia to help him up on stage. She waved her hands over the tin and some sort of brown little animal popped out!



We also stopped by the juggling act where Little Miss Cutie Pie got to go up on stage with some of the other kids. He was juggling and then throwing one of the balls to each kid. When it came to be Olivia's turn I was a bit nervous. She isn't able to catch a ball quite yet because of her range of motion with Lefty. Somehow the guy picked up on this and did a different trick with her instead!
It was a nice time with family. I love seeing Olivia do anything that makes her smile. Thomas too, he is just a laid-back, sweet little guy!

The day we left, Steve and I decided to take the kids to the zoo. With Olivia's love for animals and us being so close, we didn't want to pass it up just because we've already been there twice this year! Ha!




















Last weekend was the annual Heart Friends picnic. We love getting to go and chat with other familes while the kiddos get to play. It's great!










Ahhh, October...My favorite time of year. The leaves begin to change to those beautiful shades of orange, deep red, and yellow. The smell of apple cider and pumpkin-pie fill the air...Family get togethers become more frequent...And the Holiday Season begins!
A few days ago we took the kids out to Sander's Pumpkin Farm. This is one of our favorite traditions! We usually end of going 3 or 4 times a year! This time we only stayed for a short time since it was more of a crisp afternoon, but the kids still had fun picking out their pumpkins and looking at the animals.







In the picture below, I was asking Olivia to smile for me, but she wasn't having it. Believe me, she doesn't just look at the camera and say cheese! However, even after several pictures, she wasn't budging this time!


Well, it's time for me to say goodnight, but before I do, let me ask you to keep Olivia in your prayers. She has been running a fever of 102 along with a sore throat and a runny nose. She seemed a little bit better today, but not back to herself yet. Also, I seemed to have sprained my ankle pretty bad...yea....being a mom who can barely get around is extremely tough. I've got some crutches to help, but it's not like I can carry anyone or anything! Today has been exhausting. Thank Goodness I've got great family close by to help out. I'm hoping I wake-up tomorrow and can put some weight on it!

Thanks for checking in and for your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment