I thought I would type a quick update to keep you all informed on how Baby Spencer and I are doing. As of my last update I was having some cramping. I did end up going to the OB. They checked me over and decided to do a non-stress test. The baby wasn't moving a whole lot during the test. They had me eat some crackers, drink cold water, and finally put a radio up to my belly. Having one of these brought back a lot of memories since we had them every week with Olivia the last trimester. After still barely getting Baby to move and having an episode where they weren't sure if his heart rate decelerated or if it was the monitors, they decided to order an ultrasound. I was a bit nervous, but knew he was OK. The ultrasound looked good. The doctor felt I just need to take it slow. Maybe it was my body's way of saying, “Hey, you're pregnant here!” She also said Baby's head was “very, very low” when she checked me and this could be causing a lot of the cramping and uncomfortable feelings I'm having. After talking with the doctor and my supervisor at work, we decided that instead of me working three 10 hour days, I would work three 4 hour days for the next few weeks and then probably start my leave if he hasn't arrived yet. When I went to the OB again Monday I was measuring 38 (I was 36.5 at the time). We are just taking things a week at a time and Baby Spencer will be here shortly!
I know Olivia is excited, as are the rest of us! It's been really hard for me trying to take it easy while I'm not working as much. I still have so much I want to do! However, I did get my bag packed and have had Steve and Gram help me get some things...


37 weeks...and I thought I was getting a belly at 16 weeks. Ha ha ha ha ha!
Praying for you and Baby Spencer!!!
ReplyDeleteYou look terrific! Not much longer and you'll be holding your sweet boy in your arms!
ReplyDelete