Hope the weekend has been relaxing for you all. Things have been busy as always around here! On Friday Miss Olivia's nose started running...Thankfully, this is the only symptom she has thus far (and let's pray it stays that way). I'm not sure if this kiddo has allergies or if she has a cold that she just can't quite shake. Olivia has had three colds in the past 4 months. That's just too many, especially for how diligent we are with hand washing and careful about exposing her to germs. However, she hasn't gotten terribly sick with them like she used to. This is what makes me think she might just have those dreaded allergies. On Monday we are scheduled to see Dr. Rick for Olivia's 2 yr check-up, so he can take a quick peek at her then. We've also got an OT appointment and a feeding evaluation at The U Monday morning. It is going to be a hectic day for us. I'm not overly excited about the feeding eval since Olivia is willing to try anything, she just doesn't eat a lot (not sure what he can really do for us then)! But hopefully the therapist has some helpful tips for us. I guess we've got nothing to lose. This will be our last trip to IA City until next spring due to the RSV/H1N1 season. We will also be leaving Miss Olivia with Grandma while we attend church tomorrow morning. We love taking her and I know she's going to miss not going for awhile, but it is definitely for her own good! It's time to put Livi-Pie back on lock down until Spring. Boooo! Any ideas to keep her from going stir crazy this winter?????
Also, I wanted to let you all know about this fabulous CHD Calender one of my good friends, Heidi Schmidt (cp: elliejoschmidt) put together to raise money for the AHA. Olivia is featured in the month of October. The calenders are $20 (add $5 if you need it shipped to you) and ALL proceeds will go directly to the AHA. You can view the calender at
http://www.hjpillustrations.com/calendar.htm
What a great Christmas gift!

Thanks for checking in on us and bearing with us through all the new changes and technical difficulties. I probably won't be posting again before my appointment on the 5th, so I ask you all once again to please keep me in your prayers. I could really use them right now.
We have the runny nose stuff going on around here too except some of us have a few extra symptoms. I think I was hit the hardest and was pretty miserable yesterday.
ReplyDeleteHope Livi Pie stays well and she gets great reports at all of her upcoming appointments.
Prayers for all of you!
Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com