September…Ahhh, sweet September. What a great month. Not only is this unruly heat (hopefully) coming to an end, it’s Olivia’s birthday, and Baby Spencer’s due date, but it is also the start of my favorite season. Fall. Apple orchards, comfy sweaters, pumpkin carving, pumpkin-pie, hay rides, cute boots, and the smell of warm apple-cider…I could go on and on!
But, before we head into this new time of year, I thought I should update you all on our summer fun. I haven’t been very good about keeping things updated, but life has definitely gotten away from me. With working, two kiddos, being pregnant, and finally giving into Pinterest (Yes, I took the plunge and checked it out, thought I’d better do it now before I had no “me time” left…quite addicting)!
As the school year was coming to and end we enrolled Olivia in something called Hippotherapy. This is actually therapy with the help of a horse. Olivia has been in Occupational Therapy for almost 5 years, since her stroke. She has made great progress, but I know things get a bit mundane for her sometimes. This is practicing different left handed tasks on a horse with a therapist walking beside her; Olivia has always been a big fan of horses, so we thought this would be not only a great experience, but good motivation for her as well. That it was, unfortunately the course is only 8 weeks.

At the beginning of the summer we had our town festival and then a few weeks later the county fair came to town. The kids love to go see the horses and ride whatever handful of toddler twisters come to the county fair!

We also had a mini vacation to Minneapolis (Olivia had another round of Botox in June). This time we stayed in a cool hotel that used to be a train station (Tom loved this!). We went to the zoo as well.

This August my parents took us to the state fair. Luckily, we had a reprieve from the heat waves and enjoyed a nice day at the fair. It had been quite awhile since I’d been there and it was nice to share the experience with my kiddos.

August also brought on the annual AHA Heart walk.

Mid-August brought my baby girl’s 1st day of kindergarten! It’s so hard for me to believe Olivia is in school now. Not that time has gone so fast the past 5 ½ years, but because of all the milestones and statistics she has overcome. At one point we weren’t sure we would ever see Olivia go to kindergarten, so this normal milestone was extra special for us! We decided to send Olivia to private school about 20 minutes from where we live. It’s a great school and on the first day we all attended church together. Very refreshing!

Since I seem to have a knack for having fall babies, we decided to have the kids’ birthday parties this past weekend at Chuck E Cheese. Olivia had wanted to do the ticket blaster since she attended another party last year and finally got her turn! The kids and grown-ups had a great time!

We’ve gotten a lot done around the house in preparation for the baby. Steve re-did Olivia’s room for Thomas in Thomas The Train and turned our toy room into a trendy horse room for Olivia. Now, we are just putting the finishing touches on the baby’s room. I have gestational diabetes and have been on insulin for the past 6 weeks. It’s been tough giving myself shots 4 times a day and checking my blood sugar 7 times a day, but a mother does what she’s got to do! Anyhow, they are going to induce me a few days early because of this, so my planned due date is September 16th. I was really wanting to have this one on my own since our other two kiddos were induced (Liv for medical reasons and Tom because he was late), but the baby’s safety is the most important thing. Plus….I’m ready!

So, my next update will probably include cute little baby toes and Halloween Costumes! I hope you all have great start to fall. Thanks for checking in on us!
Until then, here are a few pics of my beautiful kiddos!

God Bless,
Kendra
No comments:
Post a Comment