
Mickey & Minnie

Olivia, Big Mickey, & Lil Mickey

Pluto (Aunt Bree) & Minnie
Thomas also had his first check-up on Tues. At 5 days old he weighed 9lb 5 oz, which is over a pound heavier than his birth weight! Dr. Rick was surprised and excited. We spent some time talking about the normal newborn things, since this is new to us. Olivia wasn't released from the hospital until she was 41 days old, so things are definitely different this time. I told him being the slightly paranoid heart mom I am, I went ahead and used Olivia's SAT monitor to check Thomas. I figured since they didn't do it in the hospital (since the prenatal echo was fine and they didn't hear a murmur after he was born) I'd do it. I told him I was getting 93% and wondered if that was "normal" for a newborn. He said it wasn't, but he didn't think it was a true reading. Dr. Rick felt the monitor wasn't picking up correctly or the probe wasn't right for Thomas. He smiled and told me to relax. He said I'm a good mom and to trust my instincts, but Thomas is perfect and to enjoy it. He laughed and told me a healthy baby doesn't need spot checks and not to do it again or I'll drive myself crazy! Dr. Rick also said he didn't need to see us for 2 whole months! Wow...
Olivia has been doing fairly well with sharing the spotlight. She still wants the attention, but she's been a big help. The other day Grandma watched Thomas and Olivia and I had a girls day. We just spent a couple of hours doing what she wanted to do.

Thomas pretty much sleeps all day. He eats anywhere from 2-4 oz every couple of hours and goes back to sleep. At night he wakes up every 2 hours and other times he will sleep for 3 or 4. He's pretty laid back and overall a really good baby!
Thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers, cards, and gifts. We love you guys! I will leave you with some of Thomas' 1 week pics!


What a sweet baby! He's sooooo precious! I love all the pictures- Mickey and Minnie were too adorable! Ha! Enjoy your healthy baby boy! :) What a wonderful feeling!
ReplyDeleteJen, Craig & Andrew
Handsome boy!!! I loved the pics Kendra. I chuckled reading about you spot checking his O2 sats. I would sooooo do the same thing if we had another baby. You are not crazy to worry in the least bit. It's a heart momma thing!
ReplyDelete