Monday, June 7, 2010

Baby Spencer

I wanted to do a quick post to let you all know how our day in IA City went. We arrived mid-morning and started off with our ultrasound. The sonographer took the proper measurements and said everything looked right on. She said the baby was having no problems eating and even said the babies tummy was plenty big, measuring in the 90th percentile! She tried to take a look to see if baby was a boy or girl, but was having a hard time since their foot was right in the way. After a few minutes she found what she was looking for...We were having a baby boy! Next she thoroughly checked over baby's heart.
“There are four beautiful chambers,” she said.
Those were the most wonderful words we could have heard today! We were having a baby boy with a beautiful healthy heart!


Here's Baby Boy with his feet tucked back by his bottom. Aren't they cute?!


Here's a profile pic of baby boy. Notice that belly?

After the ultrasound we met with Dr. Hunter, our high risk OB. He felt things looked great, but would like to do another ultrasound at 28 weeks. Once we were done there, we had a break for lunch, then met with Cardiology for the fetal echo. They spent about 30 minutes checking over every inch of the heart and confirmed that things looked great! Once we left the hospital we called to tell Olivia the big news. It was truly a wonderful day.

After we got home I went outside to check on my plants since we had been gone all weekend. I found my rose bush to be full of buds. I clipped them and brought them inside to enjoy. After I arranged them I noticed the vase they were sitting in. How fitting.


We truly are blessed. We've got an amazing little girl who has shown us what truly matters in life. We have also been blessed enough to be expecting our 2nd child, a healthy baby boy. Praise The Lord.

6 comments:

  1. Reading that brings tears to my eyes! Congratulations on a whole hearted baby boy! :) Praise the Lord!!

    I've been thinking a lot about how I think I'll feel being pregnant again... waiting for that twenty-ish week ultrasound when we got the shocking news about Derrick's heart to come around again and praying that the next baby's heart will have a chance of being healthy. I would imagine you've been anxiously awaiting this appointment, and so happy for you guys that you got the news you were hoping about the little heart....and a little boy! :)

    Congratulations!!!

    Big heart hugs and prayers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the healthy baby you guys!! I am so thrilled to hear this!
    I am sure that so much weight has been lifted off of you guys! Now you can focus on enjoying those anxious moments waiting to meet your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Praise the Lord for the wonderful news! I can only imagine how wonderful this news was for you all. Congratulations! And you will LOVE having a little boy! :)

    The Huegels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect vase for those flowers, and after the wonderful ultrasound that you had. Praise God is right! Congrats on your baby boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH!!!! I can't even being to imagine the relief you feel right now.
    Congrats on the healthy baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a healthy baby boy!!! We are SO thrilled for you!!! We think of you guys often, remembering the journey that we were both on back in Sept/Oct 2007 . . . will never forget you guys and keep you in our prayers!
    Love,
    The Turnbulls

    ReplyDelete