I had a great mother's day. We spent most of the day relaxing together as a family. Liv and Daddy made peanut butter bars for me. They were delicious!

I also spent mother's day weekend photographing my first wedding. Whew...that was exhausting! But, the pictures turned out really well and the family was pleased. That's all that mattered to me. In fact, I've started a blog to post some of my photographs on. If you want to check out the pictures please click below (and remember, this blog is still under construction) Spencer Signature Photography
Aunt Bree flew in from Mt Rainier (Yes, she left TX for the summer and is now working here) a few weeks ago for a college friend's wedding. Livi sure enjoyed getting to spend some time with her. I know they were both a bit sad to say goodbye. It was good seeing you Auntie Bree! Hope to see you at Christmas or before!


We've also been busy with our play dates once again. We had Ellie and Heidi over for some fun in the sun a few weeks back. The girls played so well together. We didn't have any fighting over toys, whining, or, clinging to Mama. Honestly, I don't think they could get enough of each other. They were walking around holding hands, squeezing into the same coupe, and giggling like crazy!


Last week when we saw the girls we made another trip to Old MacDonald's Farm (Yes, I say another because we also took Livi a few days before with Daddy!). As many of you may remember, Liv had me taking her there quite a bit last summer as well!








We've also been enjoying our time together outside. Liv and I spent an entire afternoon potting flowers one day! Now she loves coming outside to help me water them. She's quite the little helper.


Livi also met a new friend while watering the plants up front!

Therapy has been going very well. She has a lot of fun with Melissa, but she's also becoming “used” to her. Lately, if Melissa wants Liv to use her left hand and she doesn't feel like, she'll tell her, “No, I don't want to!” Luckily, Melissa can convince her otherwise. But it was surprising to hear her say no to her beloved Melissa for the first time! Today Livi was able to string 10 beads in therapy! We were all so proud of her!

Check out this adorable little train we found on the first floor. You'd think after spending over 100 days in this hospital and coming here every week for therapy, we'd have seen it before!

She's also become quite the phonics guru. We learned a new ABC song that practices the sound of each letter. Now she will run around the house doing it to everything she sees! “Hanger...H H H....Mama...M M M...Flower..F F F.” It's quite adorable, not to mention impressive. Olivia's memory of where we're at has also surprised me lately. The other day we were driving past Pizza Hut (Where she's been maybe twice in her life) and she says, “There's Pizza Hut.” Then, just the other day, we were driving home and went past the pharmacy (Where we hardly ever go in since they deliver our stuff)...Sure enough, Liv says, “That's where we get my meds.” Little smarty!
Livi has also found a new favorite snack...Butter! Yep. At least it's high in calories, right!

I was at a garage sale not too long ago and found this adorable little vanity. I of course had to buy it for Liv. I stocked it up with some old make-up and a brush. Let me tell you, this has brought quite a few smiles to Miss Livi-Pie's adorable little face (and to mine)! She sat down on her stool the first day and said, “I get ready just like Mama.” Gram told me another day she opened up her compact and said, “Look at my beautiful blue eyes!” Ha! How cute is she?!

Although...one day she found some of my old 1996 bright blue eyeshadow and got a little wild with it!

On Saturday Daddy had to work so we had a girls day basking in the sun! As you know, Liv LOVES the water. She couldn't get enough of her little pool!

Daddy had his first day off in awhile on Sunday, so we had a family day and went to Cricket Hollow Zoo (Another summer favorite!).


Speaking of the zoo....We received a special invite from the university and The Children's Miracle Network to attend “Dreamnight” at Blank Park Zoo on Saturday. They had a dinner, exotic animals, train rides, face painting...the whole sha-bang! This is an event for patients of the University Of Iowa Hospital and their Families. We actually went to Des Moines this weekend with my parents for Livi's first trip to Adventureland and Living History Farms, so we thought we'd squeeze this in too! I'll post pics later in the week!
On Monday Steve and I will be heading to IA City for our first ultrasound and fetal echocardiogram. Please pray that baby's heart looks healthy and we hear nothing but good news. I'll post the results as soon as I can.
Take Care
The Spencers
Hope everything went well with your ultrasound appt. Praying for a healthy baby!!
ReplyDeleteLoved the pics and seeing what Miss Livi has been up to!