Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Easter, Happy News

Ok, so I was going to wait until Sunday to post our Easter Update, especially since I just posted an update earlier today...But, with all the excitement of this weekend I thought I had better get to it now, while I actually had time to do it!
Speaking of Excitement...Miss Livi-Pie has some very special news to share with all of you!

She is going to be a big sister!

That's right, out little family is growing! When we first told Livi there was a baby in Mama's tummy she wanted me to lift up my shirt so she could see. She put her head down on my stomach and said, “Get her out, I want to play with her!” That's right, from the get-go she has been calling the baby a girl. Daddy thinks she's right, but it'll be awhile before we find that out! We explained to Olivia Mama's tummy has to get really big before the baby can come. She'll say, “Like a beach ball!” Yes, Olivia...like a beach ball! She loves to hear all about the hospital and helping us take care of the baby. She's going to make a great big sister! This week I had my appointment with the High-Risk OB in IA City. With my history of a spleenectomy due to ITP (Idio Thrombosis Papura) and Olivia's diagnosis, my family doctor and Liv's Cardiologist felt the best place for us to follow-up would be in IA City. We were able to hear the baby's heart beat at our appointment, which is such music to my ears! It was 168-180 bpm. We're expecting baby around October 21st. We would love for all of you to keep baby in your prayers for continued health.

Last weekend Aunt Lisa and Uncle Tom were staying at a hotel about 45 minutes away, so we took Livi up there so she could go swimming. She loved splashing around in the water and playing with Aunt Lisa!




She's also been having me fill up our brownie making bowl with water, so she can have a little splash table inside! What a little fishy...



Easter Day
by Evaleen Stein
Christ the Lord is risen to-day!
Angels rolled the stone away
From the tomb wherein He lay!
Little children, come and sing,
"Glory, glory to the King,
Christ the Lord of everything!"

We're taking Olivia to church for the first time since last September on Sunday. I know she is really looking forward to it, as are we. We're also going to share our big news with our church family!




















We wish you all a Blessed Easter!
Love
The Spencers
PS If you missed our heart walk update from earlier today please click on "Walking for Our Little Hearts" to the right

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations guys!!! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Congrats! I loved all the pictures of Olivia in her Easter outfit, too! :) Adorable! We'll be praying for you and baby.

    Jen, Craig & Andrew
    www.thehuegelfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!

    Love, love the pictures. Olivia is so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Get that pregnancy ticker on your sidebar ;)

    Heidi, Kevin, Ellie & Baby Girl
    http://kschmidtfamilynews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete