Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sugar Cookies & Surgery

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a good week thus far. It has been quite the week for me...

On Monday we headed to Heidi and Ellie's to frost Halloween cookies. We strapped Ellie, Liv, and Carter into their highchairs and let them go a little crazy! It was a lot of fun seeing them make such a 'fun mess!' Olivia kept patting Carter's back, not realizing she was getting orange frosting all over him. LOL. Poor kiddo. I think Liv must have really missed him!







Little Miss Livi-Pie decided her favorite part of the cookie was the bat sprinkles we put on top. As you can see, she ate enough of them to turn her tongue black. LOL!

After us mommies cleaned up the big mess we headed down to Ellie's play area. The girls cooked Carter some num num in the kitchen and they spent some time coloring too.





Three's company

On Tuesday I had to leave work in the afternoon for a telephone hearing with our secondary insurance company. I swear, after all the research I've done and the letters I've written, I am just exhausted! Hopefully we will be hearing a verdict within the next week or so. Without our secondary insurance we'd have to pay 25% of the synagis shots each month, which are $6,000 each time. We'd also have to satisfy all of our deductibles. Yes, we'd meet our out-of-pocket maximum of $2500 per person after a few months of synagis...and we might not have to pay for it in December. However, we'd have to start all over in January, which would be horrible! It'd be like shelling out $2,500 then having to do the same thing 2 months later.

Yesterday was Steve and my anniversary. We celebrated by heading to Iowa City and having one of my lymph nodes removed. The surgery went well with no complications. I am just tired and sore today. I can definitely relate with our heart kiddos on how much a person's throat hurts after one of those breathing tubes....Ouch! I've just been taking it easy and am supposed to stay relaxed until I see Dr. Viner on Monday. We were under the impression we'd get the pathology results yesterday....However, they won't be in until Monday. Thank you all for your prayers, I really appreciate it.

This weekend Steve and I are going to go see The Minnesota Vikes play with our friends Wendi and Bryan. We are extremely excited to go. I just hope I feel up to it. I'm sure after a couple more days I'll feel just fine. Steve and I are considering this our "Anniversary Trip" this year. We usually go to Dubuque or Galena for a night. I love looking at all the shops and tasting wine. I'm sure Steve is much more excited about our adventure this year, though. This is our first time going to an NFL game!

Well, I am pretty tired. I think I'm going to try and relax. Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Please leave us a message...We REALLY miss getting those from you all. They always brighten our days!

2 comments:

  1. What a "SWEET" time you all had. I love the part about Livi patting Carter's back with orange frosting! Too cute!!!
    Hope you get great results back from your doctor and that you guys have an amazing time this weekend celebrating!

    Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decorating cookies looked like such fun! You guys are so lucky you live so close!

    We'll be praying for a good report for you! Sorry I just now read about it...I've been trying to balance my blog/care page reading, with Andrew time, and working full time! It isn't as easy as it used to be to keep up on everything!

    Happy Fall!
    Jen, Craig & Andrew
    http://thehuegelfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete