Monday, October 19, 2009

The Big City & Little Diagnosis

Let me first start out by saying, we had a great time in Minneapolis this weekend! Steve and I really needed this little get away. We picked up Bryan and Wendi Saturday morning at hit the dusty trail. The weather was a little cool, but decent, which made for a nice ride. We got to the hotel a little after 3:00pm and unpacked our bags. This was the view from our hotel parking ramp. How beautiful!

After we got settled in we decided to take a walk around downtown since our hotel was right in the middle of everything. We didn't venture off too far since it was a bit chilly, but we found a place to grab some supper and chat.
On Sunday we got up, got ready and headed to the big game! This was both mine and Steve's first NFL game, so we weren't quite sure what to expect. There was a lot to keep a person entertained, I'll say that. It was cool being able to see all the different attractions and diversity. It also ended up being a really good game. I think we were all holding our breath the last few minutes of the 4th quarter.




















I think we were all excited and relieved the Vikings won another game. It would have been a long ride home had they lost. LOL! Seriously, I'm very thankful we had the opportunity to go see them play. They've been my hubby's favorite NFL team his whole life and I know it definitely put a sparkle in his eye to see these guys in action.

I am glad to be home now. We both missed Olivia like crazy. I think she was starting to miss her Mama and Daddy too. It's just too bad we've got to unpack now and get the house back in order from when I was laid up last week....ARG!

I had my post-op appointment with Dr. Viner this morning. He took out the stitches and looked things over. My neck is still a bit swollen and not too pretty. But, give it a few weeks and I bet you can hardly notice.

Dr. Viner said it looks like there was an infection in the lymph nodes. There's really nothing to do about it now. He said if any of the other nodes swell up to the size of the one he removed under my chin to let him know, otherwise, to try not to worry too much. I am happy with this news....I guess I was just expecting him to say, "You have ____. Now, here's what we can do to fix this." Thankfully, I found out I don't have Cancer out of this whole ordeal. Praise God! However, I do still have a stiff neck, swollen nodes, hair loss, and acne...But, things could be worse! I will just let these worries go to God and hopefully with time these ailments will clear. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers through all of this. It was so greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that it's not the one we all were praying it wasn't. Phew!

    Sorry though that you still don't have many answers to your other problems Kendra. I am sure that has to be very frustrating for you. I'll be keeping you close in my prayers!

    Love the pictures and I am glad that you and Steve had a great time. You guys needed that!

    Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete