So much has been going on I don't know where to start...We had a great Father's Day. Livi and I even took some special Father's Day Photos (With Gram's help) to give Daddy on his big day.




We also started swimming lessons. Olivia's group ranges from 18 months-4 years of age and are called the “Water Babies.” How cute is that?! We've had them everyday at noon so on the days I work Gram and Aunt Lisa take her. As most of you know, Livi loves the water. She'll back float, kick, and splash all day. However, she doesn't like it when the instructor comes over and takes her. The first day she didn't mind him, but when he kept asking her to put her face in the water and blow bubbles she got a bit tired of him. We've just been letting her do as she pleases, we don't want to push her. We all know Liv has a mind of her own!



Speaking of a mind of her own...Miss Livi-Pie has been on the extreme side of feisty here lately. Her strong will is what has gotten her this far, but I swear this child is testing all of us right now. She wants to know what she can and can't get away with. It's exhausting!!!
She may look sweet and innocent...


Here Miss Behavin' is helping her Daddy wash the cars. She just loves doing anything outside or helping her Daddy.

Last weekend was our town festival. Last year Liv had a blast going up to the park to ride the horses and listen to the music. This year was no different!

They had a small ball house for little kids to play in this year. I was a little apprehensive about it, but I let Olivia go in. However, she got caught under the balls and couldn't get up at one point. There were two other kids in there jumping around almost on top of Livi; I could barely see her head peeking up out of the balls at this point. I practically shoved the parents and kiddos waiting in line out of my way as I climbed up the itty bitty stairs to rescue my daughter. After all that, she didn't want out!

One night they had a band downtown after the kiddie parade. We went and ate supper while we listened to the music. Livi was hilarious dancing around like crazy! She also ended up entering a beach attire contest (Which we didn't even know about) and was one of the top winners! She was pretty proud of the sand pail and rake she won!

The last night of the festivities they had a parade before the fireworks show. We took Livi down and got a spot as close to the shade as possible. It was such a hot and humid day, I wasn't sure how long Livi or I were going to survive it. Once the parade started she wasn't sure what to think. However, after she figured out if you waved you got candy we were in business!

Anyone who has known me for a long time, knows I used to be the kind of chick who lived life without a care. I'd fly through it by the seat of my pants and not worry about what tomorrow might bring. I laughed at people who carried a planner and made my plans as I went. However, about three years ago that all changed. Now I'm the type of gal who plans as much as possible in as much of an advance as possible. And yes, I am definitely one of those mothers who carries a planner in her purse. I'm not sure if it was motherhood that changed me or what we went through that did. I guess I felt like I wasn't in control of our lives after Olivia was born and just needed something to control...Something to feel like I had a say in. My friends from high school definitely wouldn't recognize the person I've become! These last few months I have spent time coordinating our summer schedule with what projects need to be completed before the baby is born. So, when an unexpected project threw a wrench in things I had to take a deep breathe and remember you can't try to plan every detail.
You might remember, a few months ago Steve and Olivia did some work on the house. They took the wall paper off of the dining room walls and painted the ceiling and crown molding. This is what my newly remodeled dining room looks like right now.

Yea...one of our bathroom pipes had a leak...Luckily, my husband is a darn good handy man. He has spent most of his free time this week cutting down the old pipe and replacing it. Now it's time for new dry wall and paint...again. Thank God for him though, he's saving us over half of what it would cost a plumber to do.
On Monday I had an OB appointment at The University. Things looked great! He's been moving like crazy and his heart is beating strong. I was also relieved to hear I am measuring right on! I feel pretty big right now and after some comments from strangers and family, I was beginning to think I was bigger than I should be. So, thanks Doc...that's what I needed to hear!
Here's our most recent shoot...








Thanks for checking in!
Beautiful pictures, Kendra! You have quite the little model...oh how I wish I could get my fiesty boy to sit still and smile like that for pictures! Just wait! Ha! Oh, and I just have to comment on Livi's hair! OMG it is sooooo curly and cute! :) Adorable.
ReplyDeleteHey lady! Great pics!! Sounds like you've had a busy summer so far :-D
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are going well. Before you know it, Baby will be here! How time flies!
Always,
Tracey, Jeremy, Riley, Drew and Jordan Snyder
www.ForTheLoveOfMendingHearts.blogspot.com
Love the pictures Kendra! I am so glad to hear that things are going well!
ReplyDeleteLove the new pics! Especially the pregnancy ones :) So, when are you guys going to get a horse of your own? You know, Steve, Livi's 3rd b-day is coming up ;) hehe
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by on Thursday. See you again soon!!
Heidi, Kevin, Ellie & Katelyn